TOK: COLOR OR SYNESTHESIA PROJECT PROPOSAL
***Directions: Download or “Make a copy” of this document. When finished, post to your blog.
Students should by this date (see bottom) submit a written proposal for the project:
1. What is the overall theme – color or synesthesia? (If synesthesia, what senses are you addressing?)
2. What Ways of Knowing are you addressing besides Sense Perception? (Reasoning? Emotion? Language?)
3. To what Areas of Knowledge does your project relate? (Arts, Psychology/Human Sciences, Maths, Natural Sciences, Ethics, History?)
- Indigenous knowledge systems
4. What is it exactly, you plan to do and/or investigate?
- find out if different adjectives have different color connotations in different languages (Japanese, Chinese, French, Spanish, English). I will record the various teachers of the subjects say the first color that pops into their head after reading the word to see if the colors match for the word or if they differ per language.
5. What is your driving question? (should be open-ended, perhaps starting with “How do we know” or “To what extent”)
- To what extent does language influence how we perceive the world?
6. How is your project inherently about knowledge/knowing?
- I am finding how language helps us to know
7. What materials will you need?
- Video recording device
8. Who could assist you / mentor you on this project?
- Ms. Burvall
9. How will you present the project to the class?
- video with the teachers answers in order to either highlight the differences or similarities in their answers (will be based upon how this goes)
10. Projects are due the Cycle of March 1 – how do you plan to manage the time for this task?
- I will spend a maximum of 2 days preparing, 2 days filming, and 4 days editing